We’re diving deep into the car-buying journey over the next few weeks and giving you an inside look at the tools and strategies that line up with each micro-moment. You can check out our previous post here, which gives you a brief overview of the micro-moments dealers should pay attention to, as well as some useful tips to get you started.
But now we’re going to get into the nitty gritty details that are really going to set you over the top.
In this week’s video, we share our annual list of the best digital marketing conferences you should consider attending this year. We know that a lot of you handle the SEO and PPC for your dealership, or your group, so we always release our list of suggested conferences at the beginning of every year.
We know that most of you will attend at least one automotive conference every year, but if you’re involved with digital marketing at your dealership, you definitely need to get to at least one conference every year that’s 100% dedicated to digital marketing. You’ll hone your skills, learn new tactics, and come back the dealership with new tools to help boost visibility.
Here’s a list of the conferences mentioned in the video, in chronological order:
- Pubcon Austin – February 21 in Austin, TX
- Engage – March 8 in Portland, OR
- SMX West – March 13-15 in San Jose, CA
- SearchLove San Diego – March 26-27 in San Diego, CA
- Pubcon Florida – April 10-12 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Hero Conf – April 16-18 in Austin, TX
- SearchLove Boston – June 7-8 in Boston, MA
- SMX Advanced – June 11-13 in Seattle, WA
- Mozcon – July 9-11 in Seattle, WA
- State of Search – early October in Dallas, TX
- Pubcon – October 15-19 in Las Vegas, NV
For this week’s Wednesday Workshop (the first of 2018), we share what might be the most important tip we’ve ever shared: Don’t listen to us!
That’s right, we’re telling you not to believe everything we say, or what you hear at conferences, or read on websites. Sure, it’s likely that the tips you’ll hear about will help your dealership, but the best thing you can do is test EVERYTHING you hear. See how things work for your dealership. Every dealership is different, so there’s no guarantee that something that works for someone else will work for you.