DealerOn.com Privacy Statement
Welcome to DealerOn.com (the “Website”) and thank you for your interest in DealerOn, Inc. (“DealerOn”, “we”), and the responsive website and digital marketing services we provide dealerships, dealer groups, OEMs and other motor vehicle industry entities.
The DealerOn Website is intended for the sole use of the employees and representatives of DealerOn’s current and prospective commercial customers and other industry business entities (individually and collectively, the “User”, “you”). DealerOn’s services are not intended for, or directed to, individuals such as consumers; if you are an individual not representing a DealerOn customer or other industry entity, you must not provide any personal information to us.
By using this Website, the User represents that said User is authorized to disclose the company information provided to the Website and consents to the collection and use of information about you (personally) and your company (collectively, the “information”) in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Highly confidential or sensitive information about you or your company is not requested or sought by DealerOn on this Website and you agree not to submit such information to the Website. If you choose to visit this Website, you understand:
1. that the Website is provided to you “as is” and without warranty, express or implied; and
2. that your visit and any dispute regarding privacy or other matters related hereto is subject to this Privacy Statement and your agreement:
a. that any such dispute must not exceed the amount you paid, if any, for use of DealerOn services;
b. that any dispute be resolved exclusively by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules (including the Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection); and
c. that the arbitration hearing will take place in Montgomery County, Maryland before a single arbitrator applying the law of the state of Maryland, and that judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Information Collection, Purpose and Sharing.
Information is collected and gathered by us primarily for sales purposes, including learning and addressing your needs. We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect, gather or receive, except to the limited extent described below:
1. Our Affiliates. We may share information about you with our wholly-owned affiliates, who will use it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
2. Our Contractors. DealerOn may contract with third parties to provide certain services offered by us on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
3. Merger and Acquisition Transactions. If we seek to sell all or part of our business or assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or acquisition transaction, we may disclose all information we have collected and stored to the party or parties involved in the transaction pursuant to a nondisclosure agreement and thereafter transfer such information to any party or parties acquiring the business or assets.
4. Miscellaneous. We may access or disclose information to:
(a) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of DealerOn and our affiliates;
(b) protect the rights, interests, safety and security of Users of this Website or members of the public;
(c) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
(d) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law, legal process and law enforcement requests.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Website in a variety of ways, such as when you:
1. fill out a contact form or register for a demonstration of one of our products or services. This information may include information such as your name, company name, address, telephone number, email address, dealer ID and similar;
2. make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
3. participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
4. subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
5. participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Automated Information Collection. Information regarding your use of this Website may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
1. your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
2. date and time you access the Website and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
3. email you open and links you click on within those emails; and
4. your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used; and
5. your location information.
Information Gathering Technologies. Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”). “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and future technologies. One or more Data Technologies may be used on the Website and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be ours) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
Information from Other Sources and Combined Information. We may combine information that you provide us on the Website with information gathered by Data Technologies and other information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected (“combined information”). The combined information may include information about your use of this Website, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates, contractors and other sources.
Our Use of Combined Information. We may use combined information for the following purposes:
1. to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat;
2.to provide you information you request and to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
3. to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
4. to enable you to interact with DealerOn and our other users, dealers, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
5. to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
6. to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Website and on other websites and applications;
7. to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
8. to evaluate and improve our business and services, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
9. to facilitate our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support; and
10. to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We respect your preferences- as our customer, you are empowered to determine how we communicate with you. And, you may choose whether or not to provide personal contact information or any other information.
1. You may choose not to provide personal or business information, although such choice may impact your ability to register or receive a particular product, service or information from us.
2. If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
3. You have several choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device.
4. If you do not want us to use location information, you can opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result.
California Privacy Rights.
1. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
2. Online Tracking of California Residents. The “do not track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an election that may be made in users’ web browsers allowing them to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Updates to this Privacy Statement.
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
Transparency is a key component of our core values. This means that our relationship with our customers and the companies we work with are based on a foundation of ethical behavior and mutual trust. Speaking up when something’s not right helps us to address any problems that may occur. If you are aware of or have a concern about potential misconduct, send us a message to Integrity@dealeron.com; your confidentiality will be protected.
How to Contact Us.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at Privacy@dealeron.com.